Partly as a consequence of our success in accelerating the development of emerging farmers, small enterprises and community owned businesses in the essential oil sector, and partly due to the expertise, competencies and experience of members and investors, of a new division of African Rose Oils to provide an integrated but comprehensive range of Enterprise Development Services was created.
While the initial activities were the obvious extension to other agro processing businesses, this activity is now a far more general range of support services including:
- Designing and implementation of business development support programmes for public-sector enterprise development support centres.
- Facilitating and support of Enterprise Development and Supplier Development Programmes for Corporates and the public sector
- Development and evaluation of business and implementation plans of developing enterprises on behalf of the funding stake holders.
- Designing and implementation of Enterprise Development programmes
- Supplier development programmes for Corporates and Public Sector institutions/entities
- As an even more specific and dedicated business focus the provision of a range of BUSINESS INCUBATION services.
A good example of our Enterprise Development services is the Company’s involvement in Dysselsdorp Liquorice. Dysselsdorp Liquorice is a community owned Section 21 Company that processes 250 tons of liquorice root annually and sells extracts to British American Tobacco. The business is a successful community agro-processing business and has to date injected about R5 million into Dysselsdorp economy since its incorporation in 2000. The majority Members of African Rose were instrumental in the conceptualisation and implementation of this business and remain members of its Board of Directors. African Rose is currently, on behalf of all the stake holders of this business, developing a new business plan for product diversification, technology upgrade and new market development.